Sunday, April 14, 2013

32 - 36 weeks

With just 2 months of pregnancy left, we thought it was time to start preparing for a baby! I washed all of the clothes, blankets, burp rags, etc (hand-me-downs AND new items) and shopped for baby items. 

Among other things (like diapers, wipes, a baby monitor...) we also bought a new car seat / stroller combo. Our house has a lot of baby items laying around and I love it!

At 32 weeks pregnant (actually before this point), I was feeling really huge with very swollen feet... that haven't gotten any better!

With Alisse being due with a baby boy right before me, we had to get a shot with the girls in our family and the baby bumps! I was 34 weeks at this point.
During the week of Easter - Christy and Megan were both in town with their families. That weekend, our families threw us a "couples" baby shower. It was perfect because we had most everyone from our famlies there, and all attention wasn't just on me - Russ helped me open gifts. Our families are so generous, and we opened up so many cute things for a baby girl!


Alisse and I with our baby bumps ... these cousins are going to be so close in age!
(I was 35 weeks here)

36 weeks
Hitting the 36 weeks mark has done something to me mentally! Now that I know it's safe for the baby to be born, I just want her out. Not only have my feet been hurting from being so swollen, but I've had acid reflux at night, making it hard to sleep. Sleep is uncomfortable as it is, and I also am a little bit stressed since I weigh 7 pounds more already than I did on the day Noah was born. (I did start out 7 pounds heavier, but still!) 

My hospital bag has been packed and I'm just playing the waiting game now! On my list of things to do to keep busy are a lot of items to get our house deep cleaned... but if the baby comes before that gets done it'll be just fine!

The one other thing we have left to do before the baby is born - is decide on her name! All along, I have liked "Abby". Other options on the list have been: Cozie, Maisey, Navey, and Posey/Posie. I thought that we had narrowed it down to just Abby and Maisey. I liked Abby better and Russ liked Maisey ("Maze-ee"). I was OK with his name as long as we spelled it with an S and not a Z. Well... just yesterday he told me he's back to liking the name Posey / Posie (I'm not sure how we would spell it). I actually really like that name and think it sounds really cute with our last name. So now, we may be deciding between Abby and Posey / Posie. Who knows what we'll do for a middle name! I would really like to decide on the name before going into labor, because I don't want to feel rushed into making a decision about her name. I'm not the type of person that thinks I need to see what the baby looks like before naming her, but it may come down to that if we don't make a decision soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment