Tuesday, April 30, 2013

37-39 weeks

It's almost time to welcome our sweet baby girl! I was hoping I would go into labor at 38 weeks after having Dr. Huish strip my membranes, but it didn't happen. Over the past week, I have tried so many things to put myself into labor but none have worked. I'm now 39 weeks and being induced in less than 36 hours! 

For future reference:
*at 36 weeks I was dilated to 2.5 and effaced 50%
*at 37 weeks I was dilated to 3 and effaced 75%
*at 38 weeks I was still dilated to 3 but effaced 90%
*at 39 weeks I was dilated to 3.5 and still effaced 90%

Here are some pictures to document the last few weeks:

37 weeks

I think I'm holding 5 pounds of water in each of my lower legs / feet. "Cankes"!!

Suzanne had to compare her feet to mine and make me feel even more horrible about myself! haha

38 weeks

Russ set out to buy some flowers for me "and cuddles" (what he calls the baby). He took Noah with him and they stopped first at Sprouts and their flowers weren't good enough so he went to Safeway instead. I loved that he did this for no reason and picked out pink to welcome the baby. He said that he hoped the baby would know we were ready and waiting for her! I love seeing them on my kitchen table and I hope they stay alive for a few more days until she's born!

39 weeks and feeling like I'm going to pop!

Finally, a picture of my baby bump progression. It's so funny to see the difference between 16 weeks and 20 weeks!

Tomorrow is my last day at home before being induced. I have plans to clean this house one more time, wash all laundry, burn a candle all day, and make sure there are vacuum lines too for when we bring the baby home. I know I sound crazy but it will feel good bringing a brand new baby into a fresh, clean, good-smelling home. 

I am SO excited to see what she looks like and hold her. I also can't wait to have this experience with Russ. He is the sweetest dad and I'm excited to experience a newborn baby with him. I'm also excited for our kids to have a little sister that blends us all together! I'm pretty sure we've decided on naming her Abby, and we're still working on a middle name.

No comments:

Post a Comment